KAM Snap Pliers with Awl and Free Snaps
KAM Snap Pliers: High quality pliers set for setting plastic resin snaps (poppers).
FREE! 320 snaps in primary colors*
- Try out your pliers
- Extra snaps for projects and crafts
For applying your KAM snaps you need snap pliers. Our pliers are made by KAM specifically for KAM snaps.
The snap plier kit contains:
- Screwdriver, used to change die sizes
- Metal rod, wider at the pressing end than the preloaded rod, used to apply size 22 snaps
- 4 cap dies: T-3 (size 14 - preloaded in the pliers), T-8B (size 16), T-5 (size 20), T8A (size 22)
- Bonus Awl, used to punch holes in your fabric before snapping, if desired
- Free Snaps! About 160 Caps, 80 sockets, 80 studs in a mix of colors
The T-5 size cap die is for size 20 snaps. T-5 is the same size as USA size 20 and is the usual size for cloth diapers. You can also use these pliers to apply smaller and larger sizes of KAM snaps. We stock size 20 snaps only.
KAM is a high quality brand that is the gold standard for snaps in the cloth diaper industry. We sell the KAM HG plier model. KAM pliers and snaps may not be compatible with "Babyville" branded pliers and snaps.
*Bonus snaps are measured by volume, not by count, and contain our Fiesta mix of B3 White, B37 Natural, B44 Pistachio, B54 Red, B55 Orange.
The manufacturer does not include any instructions.
How to use Snap Pliers:
- Setup: Insert the T-5 cap die. Look for the little letters embossed on it -- it is the middle (medium) size black die on the card. The T-5 (size 20) snap caps which we sell fit perfectly in it. Use the screwdriver to loosen and remove the pre-loaded T-3 (size 14) die, pop in the T-5 and tighten. Pliers are now ready to use!
- Prepunch the hole with the awl (optional) - if you get ripply PUL around your snaps, this can help.
- Insert your cap prong through the fabric, then position your stud or socket on top of the fabric on that prong.
- Position pliers so the the snap cap is sitting in the black die.
- Squeeze pliers to mash the cap point and affix the snap.
Snap doesn't click tight together - Be sure to mash down hard enough so that the cap prong becomes a flattened disk. This is particularly important if you are applying snaps to thin layers of fabric. If the center sticks up too high, the snap cannot click together.
Pliers is pressing unevenly - Tighten screws to reduce side-to-side movement of pliers. Use a thicker layer of fabric behind your snap(s). Switch out the metal pressing rod to use the one with wider pressing tip end (pull off the white rubber tip to see the difference).
How do I remove a snap? KAM snaps are really durable, which means they are tough to remove. If you can break off the circular bead of the squashed cap prong, the snap will come off. Ways to do this are: use a tiny eyeglass screwdriver to pry it off, or a soldering iron to melt it. Another method is to squeeze and crack the snap with pliers, but your fabric may get damaged.
Snap pliers may not be replaced or returned. KAM does not warranty this product. Please see product description for help using your pliers.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 43 | Next
Love my kam snap kit!
Posted by Megan on 26th Jun 2015
If you are debating between kam snap pliers and snaps and a cheaper option I highly recommend you go with kam! I bought a cheap set first and they were horrible, everything about it! I finally ordered the kam set and they made a whole world of difference ! Amazing quality! Durable! I've already made 3 diapers for my son with them and can't wait to make more!
kam pliers are great
Posted by Unknown on 15th May 2015
Easy to use...
Posted by Nellie on 23rd Apr 2015
I love using my pliers it's so easy once I got the hang of it...I wish it came with instructions but my husband was the first one to figure it out . If you're using the size 20 which are the only one sold here ...use the metal rod that has circles ,that's the one that makes it snap
Posted by Alina on 6th Apr 2015
My pliers were kind of defective but we managed to fix it by adding some tiny washers. Now it works fine, the snaps stay in place and do snap correctly.
Kam pliers rox!!
Posted by Unknown on 2nd Apr 2015
So I was using babyville pplies before but found out about Kam pliers and kam snaps and I'm a believer!! Love my Kam pliers
Newbie but excited
Posted by Manon on 30th Mar 2015
Never worked with KAM snaps before, but with the tutorial this was very easy to apply!
Posted by Unknown on 20th Mar 2015
Product works great.. Recieved quickly
Needs directions or tips.
Posted by Unknown on 24th Jan 2015
The pliers work fine and the snaps seem adequate. I did have to google the directions, but that worked. I seem to press the snaps askew and broke 5 sets, but have the hang of it now.
Satisfied returning customer
Posted by Unknown on 2nd Jan 2015
I'm happy with the quality of my purchase. My kam snap pliers work very well and are easy to use. Wouldn't shop for my diaper supplies anywhere else!
Posted by JESSICA DUNN on 2nd Dec 2014
It came already prepped for the right cap size. Which is good because there's no directions and I googled what to do with the other heads. Good mix of snap covers, just wish there were even amounts of caps vs snaps. (Hope that makes sense)
Showing reviews 1-10 of 43 | Next